Clip in hair extensions add length, volume and thickness to your hair in under minutes. Maintaining them isn’t hard at all. (This manual is more for human hair rather than synthetic).
For best results, caring for clip in hair extensions and keep them looking healthy and shiny.
Avoid the onset of the dreaded rat-ification and keep your clip-ins looking their silky best by following our top tips on how to care for your clip-in hair extensions!
What with heat styling, blow drying, up-doing, detangling and all that malarky, our trusty clip-in hair extensions can go through an awful lot on a weekly basis. All that wear and tear can leave our extensions looking (and us feeling) more than a tad ratty. So to make sure our hair extensions stay in immaculate condition, we like to follow these simple rules on how to care for our clip-in hair extensions:
Things you’ll need to Caring for Clip in Hair Extensions
- Hair straightener (Basically all human hair extensions go wavy after they’ve been washed).
- Shampoo and Conditioner (They don’t need to be expensive, cheap ones do just as well).
1. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Comb your hair extensions
Comb your hair extensions with either a comb or a brush; make sure all knots and tangles are gone. Use a spacious wired comb.
2. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Warm water
With warm water gently wet the extensions.
3. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Shampoo
Put shampoo on them, you don’t need to be rough with them. Combing the hair product through with your fingers should be fine. Use a shampoo with low or absolutely no sulfates.
4. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Rinse out the shampoo
5. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Apply conditioner
Conditioner makes them easier to comb once they’re dry, softer and more shiny.
6. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Comb through the extensions so they’re not tangled
Once you’ve rinsed out the conditioner and they’ve dried, comb through the extensions so they’re not tangled. You can leave the extensions out in the sun to dry if you’re in a hurry, they’ll need straightening. You may blow dry the extensions, but first apply a heat protectant to prevent possible damage to the hair.
7. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Once a week or once a fortnight
You won’t need to wash them every night or even every second night; just once a week or once a fortnight should be fine. Use a dry shampoo if necessary. Hair will normally be prone to more damage such as breakage or hair loss if washed regularly.
8. Caring for clip in hair extensions: Comb them once you’ve taken them out
Comb them once you’ve taken them out or it’ll be harder to get the tangles out. Tie a loose ponytail around the extensions to refrain from knotting.
Change the look today and look fascinating
Tips to Caring for Clip in Hair Extensions
- If your extensions are starting to look a bit dry, leave a mild conditioner in them overnight, rinsing them the next morning and they’ll be good as new!
- One tip is to wash the hair extensions in the bath or in a laundry sink. If you have a shower head attached to a cord so it can be extended, this will work well too.
Warnings to Caring for Clip in Hair Extensions
- Don’t straighten them unless the hair is 100 percent human hair
- Don’t blow dry your extensions to get them dry quicker, it makes the hair fall out much quicker, I know from experience
- Don’t brush the clip-ons when they’re wet, try a wide tooth comb like you would with your own hair on your head.
- Important to use only high quality hair extensions made from 100% human hair. Otherwise it could ruin your synthetic hair while washing. Try using brands like AmatiStyle for quality hair that can be washed safely.
See also: How to Glue Hair Extensions
Have you tried AmatiSytle hair extensions?
We are a team dedicated to the production, distribution and sale of human hair extensions. We comply with the highest standards of quality required by today woman. AmatiStyle hair is a hundred percent human hair extensions quality. The AmatiStyle hair extensions can be dyed and washed without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair is in contact with the water. Using AmatiStyle hair extensions. The hair will always stay radiant, tangle free, smooth and without frizz. AmatiStyle without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair contact with water.
Why buy 100% natural AmatiStyle hair extensions?
1) They are free of entanglements.
2) No frizz.
3) Thickness at the tips.
4) 100% human.
5) It can be dyed, ironed, curled since it is 100% human hair.
6) Double firing on the top for greater protection of the strands when ironing.
AmatiStyle comes from a long experience in the care and maintenance of women hair. Many stylists confirm this. We differ from other types of hair because we offer quality remi hundred percent. The texture and color of hair easily adapts to the needs of the most severe groups. AmatiStyle has the confidence of consumers. The success of the brand and customer satisfaction proves once again that we are synonymous with quality, expertise and innovation. Our main clientele is located in the United States (Miami, New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles).
Our Vision: Meet the most demanding tastes.
Our Values: Responsibility, Commitment, Ethics.