Keratin hair extensions are extremely popular and effective hair pieces. They instantly make your hair longer and thicker, so that you can style them the way you want. They are a popular choice, especially if you are going for a wedding, party or special occasion. But like any other hair accessory, keratin hair extensions are not permanent, and need to be removed at one time. You can easily remove them yourself with the help of a little care and a few tools.
With the exception of glue-in extensions, Keratin and sewn-in wefts can stay in your hair longer. Recommended timeframe is 2 to 4 months, depending on hair quality. Regular U-Tips that use glue should be re-adjusted after every two months.
Keratin is basically a very strong (and natural) protein. Fortunately, there are still ways to do that and assuming you have some tools at your home, it will be free!
Warning to Removing Keratin Hair Extensions
For keratin extensions, we strongly advise you to go with the pre-made solutions, which will reduce the risk of you damaging your hair and / or skin. However, in case you don’t mind the risk, proceed with extreme caution, you have been warned!
Step by step instructions to remove keratin hair extensions
Follow these instructions to remove your keratin hair extensions safely:
- Wash off your conditioner or oil, whichever you used to soak your hair.
- Comb your hair to ensure that there are no tangles left in them.
- Take a cluster of around 5 extensions, apply a drop of alcohol in each bond, and use the pliers to give it 5 squeezes. Be gentle and don’t break it with a jerk.
- Repeat the process with all of your hair. Just give squeezes to your bonds without putting them out
- Work layer by layer, allowing the solvent to go deeper and soften the bonds. Do not force them out with the pliers, as it can cause much damage to your natural hair. The squeezes will open them a little and they will come out more easily on their own.
- Keep all your bonds moist while you are working with the others. Repeat again with all your bonds 2-3 times.
- Once your bonds have become softer, add another drop of the remover and try to gently slide off an extension. If it does not slide easily, do not tug it hard. Just let it soak for some more time and then come back.
Another easy steps to remove keratin extensions (Timeframe: 30 Minutes)
- Look for 100% pure acetone. In case you need to buy it, compare price with the pre-made solution.
- Grab a pair of gloves made of butyl rubber or latex (these will break after ~10 minutes or cause allergic reactions). Other gloves will simply dissolve.
- Apply gloves and dip your fingers into acetone.
- Start gently rolling the bond with the fingers until it loosens up and falls apart.
- Repeat the procedure till all bonds are removed.
See also: How to Care for Fusion Hair Extensions
Removing Keratin Extensions the Easy Way
As we’ve already said, just spend little money on a quality keratin extensions remover and be done with it. You can find in hair salons. Online purchases are possible, but shipping liquid via airmail is tricky.
Apply few drops of pre-made solution on the bonds and watch them break.
Drop on every strand and that’s it!
The final step to remove keratin extensions
Once you have removed all your extensions, there must be bonding chunks left behind on your scalp. Try to soak them again with the remover, and pull them out gently. Lastly, use a soft tooth comb to remove any tangles from your hair and leave them as normal.
Change the look today and look fascinating
Have you tried AmatiSytle hair extensions?
We are a team dedicated to the production, distribution and sale of unprocessed hair extensions. We comply with the highest standards of quality required by today woman. AmatiStyle hair is a hundred percent human hair extensions quality. The AmatiStyle hair extensions can be dyed and washed without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair is in contact with the water. Using AmatiStyle hair extensions. The hair will always stay radiant, tangle free, smooth and without frizz. AmatiStyle without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair contact with water.
Why buy 100% natural AmatiStyle hair extensions?
1) They are free of entanglements.
2) No frizz.
3) Thickness at the tips.
4) 100% human.
5) It can be dyed, ironed, curled since it is 100% human hair.
6) Double firing on the top for greater protection of the strands when ironing.
AmatiStyle comes from a long experience in the care and maintenance of women hair. Many stylists confirm this. We differ from other types of hair because we offer quality remi hundred percent. The texture and color of hair easily adapts to the needs of the most severe groups. AmatiStyle has the confidence of consumers. The success of the brand and customer satisfaction proves once again that we are synonymous with quality, expertise and innovation. Our main clientele is located in the United States (Miami, New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles).
Our Vision: Meet the most demanding tastes.
Our Values: Responsibility, Commitment, Ethics.