It’s common for a lot of girls and women to get nervous or unsure when it comes to clip in remy hair extensions, because not a lot of people are familiar with them. But after reading this post, you will see for yourself how truly easy it is to transform your hair into long, voluminous locks in just minutes, without any damage to your hair. Doesn’t that sound lovely? Let’s get started.
How to clip in remy hair extensions #1: Match the extensions to your real hair
Remy hair extensions should blend in with your natural hair, meaning that they should be both the same color and the same texture/style.
- If the extensions are wavy or curly, use a curling iron to curl your natural hair. If the extensions are pin-straight, then use a flat iron to achieve the same sleek appearance.
- Protect your hair from the potential damage of hot styling tools by applying a dime-sized amount of a heat-protecting product like Argon oil prior to styling.
How to clip in remy hair extensions #2: Divide your hair into two sections
Use your finger or a comb to draw a horizontal line from your right temple to your left temple, sectioning off the top part of your hair and securing it with a hair tie or hair clip.
- If your hair is very thin, use a comb to gently tease the lower half of your hair in one-inch sections. This will help keep the extensions securely in place.
Change the look today and look fascinating
How to clip in remy hair extensions #3: Open the clips on your extensions
Align the tops of the remy hair extensions with the horizontal part you have made, and gently push down to snap the clips into place.
- Some clip-in hair extensions come in one large piece, while others come in multiple smaller pieces. If you are using multiple clip-ons, then attach them one-by-one, making sure that you evenly distribute them along the part in your hair.
- If your clip-on is one large piece, then start by fastening the upper row of clips near your part, eventually working your way down to the lower clips near the nape of your neck.
How to clip in remy hair extensions #4: Release the top section of your hair
Gently tousle to blend your natural hair with the clip-on remy extensions. Enjoy!.