Unfortunately, not everyone has beautiful long and thick hair, some feel stuck with thin and lifeless strands that just don’t look good. But luckily, there’s a solution for the girls who are not satisfied with what Mother Nature gave them – extensions. It’s one of the best hair tricks of modern time and a real revolution when it comes to hairstyles. The choices are endless: clip in, flip in extensions, fusion, micro loop, tape in, glue in etc.
If you decided to use glue to install your extensions, but don’t know where to start, we’re here to help. Many girls choose glue because it’s a very cheap and affordable method that you can do at home. All you need is some extensions and glue, and you’re all set. But if this is your first time doing it, you might be unsure of how to start and what the process is. Messing up your installation is something nobody wants and that’s why it is important to do it right.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 1: Section the top part of your hair and clip it up
Use a rat-tail comb to draw a line on either side of your part, from your hairline all the way back to your crown. This should create a rectangular section of hair around your part. Pin this section up with clips or a hair tie.
- If you part your hair in the middle, the section should be at the center of your scalp.
- If you prefer a side part, the section should be off-center.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 2: Use your comb to create a U-shaped part above the nape of your neck
Start a little below one of your ears, then follow the natural contour of your head in a U-shape around to your other ear. Leave about 2–3 in (5.1–7.6 cm).
- Make the part as clean as possible, because you don’t want stray hairs getting into your glue.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 3: Pull the hair above the part up and clip it out of the way
You should be left with a section of hair 2–3 in (5.1–7.6 cm) above the nape of your neck and stretching from ear to ear. This piece of hair will hide your extensions in the back when you pull your hair up into a ponytail.
- You’ll need to undo the rest of your hair after you apply the first track, so it’s best to hold the hair up using a banana clip or a similar technique that’s easy to remove.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 4: Cut the track the width of the part you just created
Hold the weft against your scalp about 1⁄2 in (1.3 cm) away from your hairline, then stretch it to the other side to 1⁄2 in (1.3 cm) away from your hairline. Use your thumb to mark the place where your extension should end as you pull the weft away from your head.
- Cut the weft with scissors, then hold the extension piece up to double-check the width.
- You want to leave the extensions at least 1⁄2 in (1.3 cm) from your hairline because the piece of hair that’s left will hide the extensions if you pull your hair back.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 5: Lay the track flat on a table and apply a line of glue all the way down
The side of the track with the hair attached should be face-down. Apply the glue in small increments until the entire track is covered.
- There should be enough glue to coat the weft but not drip off.
Change the look today and look fascinating
How to Glue Hair Extensions 6: Blow dry the glue on high or medium for several seconds
This will help the glue become tacky so it will adhere to your hair. If the glue is too wet when you apply the extension, the glue will drip down the strands of hair, causing a messier application.
- Touch the glue to make sure it’s neither runny nor dry. It should be about 60-70% dry when you’re finished drying it.
- Some hair stylists will also apply a strong hold hairspray at this stage and then blow dry your hair.
- If you’re using synthetic hair, make sure your blowdryer is on the cool setting.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 7: Press the extension onto your hair about 1⁄2 in (1.3 cm) from the root
The line of the track should run slightly below the part you made near the nape of your neck. Do not apply glue on your scalp.
- If you apply the extension directly to your scalp, it can stunt the growth of your hair and lead to hair damage.
- Remember to leave the hair at least 1⁄2 in (1.3 cm) away from your hairline.
- If you find that your extension wasn’t cut long enough, just snip a little piece and apply it using the same method.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 8: Blow dry the track again for another 30-60 seconds
This will finish drying the glue so the extension will stay attached to your hair. To check whether the glue is dry, gently tug on the extensions. If they move, continue drying them.
- If you opted for synthetic extensions, you may want to use the cool setting on your hair dryer.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 9: Draw a part 2–3 in (5.1–7.6 cm) above the first one and apply another track
The width of your sections can vary based on how thick you want your extensions to be. If you’re primarily hoping to add volume, space them so they’re a little closer.
- Use the same technique to apply the second extension as you did the first.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 10: Continue adding extensions this way until you reach your ears
Once your part falls above your ears, your U-shape will start near your temple, then will reach back towards your crown and circle around towards your other temple.
- You’ll still follow the same application technique, but your extensions will be a little longer since they’re reaching further around.
- This wide U-shape will mimic the natural fall of your hair and should make the finished result look more natural.
- Place your last extension around the rectangular shape you made at the beginning of the process.
How to Glue Hair Extensions 11: Unclip the top section of hair and gently comb it down
This top section of your hair should completely hide your extensions, so you’re ready to enjoy your glamorous new look!
- When you’re combing out your hair, be sure not to push the comb into your extensions. Gently comb just along the surface of the hair to smooth it out.
See also: Wavy Hair Extensions Clip In Human Hair
Have you tried AmatiSytle hair extensions?
We are a team dedicated to the production, distribution and sale of human hair extensions. We comply with the highest standards of quality required by today woman. AmatiStyle hair is a hundred percent human hair extensions quality. The AmatiStyle hair extensions can be dyed and washed without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair is in contact with the water. Using AmatiStyle hair extensions. The hair will always stay radiant, tangle free, smooth and without frizz. AmatiStyle without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair contact with water.
Why buy 100% natural AmatiStyle hair extensions?
1) They are free of entanglements.
2) No frizz.
3) Thickness at the tips.
4) 100% human.
5) It can be dyed, ironed, curled since it is 100% human hair.
6) Double firing on the top for greater protection of the strands when ironing.
AmatiStyle comes from a long experience in the care and maintenance of women hair. Many stylists confirm this. We differ from other types of hair because we offer quality remi hundred percent. The texture and color of hair easily adapts to the needs of the most severe groups. AmatiStyle has the confidence of consumers. The success of the brand and customer satisfaction proves once again that we are synonymous with quality, expertise and innovation. Our main clientele is located in the United States (Miami, New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles).
Our Vision: Meet the most demanding tastes.
Our Values: Responsibility, Commitment, Ethics.