Unfortunately, many vendors selling hair extensions have created a false truth in regards to Processed Hair and Unprocessed Human Hair on the market. In fact, the terms have been used to label hair incorrectly for years to sell hair and betray consumers like yourself.
You may know the best quality hair is unprocessed hair. However, what is unprocessed hair? How to tell a human hair is processed or unprocessed? Is processed hair good or bad?… Don’t worry, you will find answer in this article.
What is processed hair?
While, processed hair refers to hair that has been chemically treated during production. The processed hair doesn’t mean it’s bad. It might be processed chemical process or sleep process. For example, dye the hair or bleach them.
Processed hair refers to hair that has been chemically treated during production to make it appear a certain way. Prior to being styled, processed hair is soaked in a highly acidic bath to strip it of its cuticles and basically emit all of the natural characteristics of the strands.
Advantages of processed hair
The main advantage of processed hair is that once the cuticles have been removed, the hair can be colored and treated in any way to look however the manufacture wants it. Usually, processed hair is coated in silicone after treatments to replenish the appearance and boost its shine.
Disadvantages of processed hair
The disadvantage is that the hair is heavily processed, so its lifespan is not as long as the lifespan of an unprocessed set of hair extensions.
See also: How to Get Volume in Hair
What is unprocessed hair?
Unprocessed hair still has the cuticle intact; it has not been chemically processed. The hair is also usually from a single donor. Each strand of hair faces the same direction, not causing tangling. The hair would also be considered remy hair, also known as “cuticle hair.” It can last long time than procesed hair, of course, it is more expensive than procesed hair.
Sometimes when you have hair that’s raw unprocessed curly hair. You can flat iron it straight and do about things to it. It doesn’t tend to lose its curl pattern with time compared to having invested already occur.
Advantages of unprocessed hair
- The advantage of unprocessed hair is that if you want to color the hair, you can get a great match to your own. With unprocessed hair, you also get a better color application, as the stylist can see the original tones in the hair and which tones it pulls.
- Another advantage is that unprocessed hair lasts longer than processed hair; this way, you get a greater value, as it’s not damaged hair. The hair is soft and more manageable after you wash it as it’s not usually coated in silicone
Disadvantages of unprocessed hair
Unprocessed hair is a greater investment than processed hair, but worth the cost.
Just like if your hair is straight and you want to have sure your hair is naturally kinky. You want to be sure you have to chemically process. to be straight.
If your hair is naturally straight you want a perm curl. you have to process it to have that jerry curl.
Does it mean its own damage it’s bad for you? that’s the difference between process hair and unprocessed hair.
See also: Different ways to wear Hair Extensions
Difference between processed and unprocessed hair weaves:
- Unprocessed hair is a greater investment than processed hair, because it can last long time than processed hair.
- Unprocessed hair is harder to source, so it is in limited quantities, and it is indubitably more expensive than processed hair.
- The processed hair can blend with our hair and it has to be processed to change. It just means that it has to be processed to blend with your hair texture. While, unprocessed hairweaves are hard to match altogether when you’re buying.
- Processed hair provides more than one hair colors, and you can also have assorted hair textures to choose from. For the unprocessed hair, the hair cuticles that give life to the hair are not tampered with, and that extra-natural feel and appearance would be obvious.
Processed or unprocessed hair, which is better?
The pros and cons of processed and unprocessed human hair are obvious. So, which is better: processed or unprocessed hair? You should select it according to your own preference, lifestyle and budget to find the best hair weave for youself.
If you want to color the hair by yourself, get a great match to your own. You should choose unprocessed hair. Meanwhile, unprocessed hair lasts longer than processed hair; The hair is soft and more manageable after you wash it as it’s not usually coated in silicone.
If you want your hair can be colored and treated in any way as your like, usually, processed hair will be a good choice for you. It is coated in silicone after treatments to replenish the appearance and boost its shine.
How to tell real Unprocessed human hair?
- The outer layer of unprocessed human hair is composed of over lapping scales arranged in much the same way as scales on a fish. Run your finger and thumb fairly rapidly down the strands of hair from roots to ends. It will travel quite smoothly. If you do the same thing in the opposite direction from ends to roots it will feel rough causing a bit of friction.
- Some naturally lighter hair colors will have darker roots and lighter ends, which can make it easy to tell cuticle direction.
- When washing Virgin unprocessed human hair, or any other so-called virgin remy hair, if there are black dye coming out, then it is to be sure that it is not real virgin unprocessed hair.
Change the look today and look fascinating
Have you tried AmatiSytle hair extensions?
We are a team dedicated to the production, distribution and sale of unprocessed hair extensions. We comply with the highest standards of quality required by today woman. AmatiStyle hair is a hundred percent human hair extensions quality. The AmatiStyle hair extensions can be dyed and washed without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair is in contact with the water. Using AmatiStyle hair extensions. The hair will always stay radiant, tangle free, smooth and without frizz. AmatiStyle without damaging the quality. The hair is selected from one head to keep the cuticle in one direction and not get tangled when the hair contact with water.
Why buy 100% natural AmatiStyle hair extensions?
1) They are free of entanglements.
2) No frizz.
3) Thickness at the tips.
4) 100% human.
5) It can be dyed, ironed, curled since it is 100% human hair.
6) Double firing on the top for greater protection of the strands when ironing.
AmatiStyle comes from a long experience in the care and maintenance of women hair. Many stylists confirm this. We differ from other types of hair because we offer quality remi hundred percent. The texture and color of hair easily adapts to the needs of the most severe groups. AmatiStyle has the confidence of consumers. The success of the brand and customer satisfaction proves once again that we are synonymous with quality, expertise and innovation. Our main clientele is located in the United States (Miami, New York, Las Vegas, and Los Angeles).
Our Vision: Meet the most demanding tastes.
Our Values: Responsibility, Commitment, Ethics.